Today we are going to talk about 5 easy steps of Pranayam yoga to improve your concentration and memory power.
Do you ever get distracted when you are doing stuff like completing your Office work, Classwork or any other work?
When you’re not able to focus at that moment you face difficulty to think, not able to make decisions.
Due to which your work never gets completed on time right? If all the answers are right means your facing issue of concentration or focus, you are not being able to focus on your work.
It’s very necessary to have a solution to this problem otherwise we will not be able to achieve our long-term goal, If you are reading it means you are also suffering from this.
So, you need to find a solution to it and I’ll help you with help of 5 best yoga Pranayama which is very easy to do and it will increase the concentration power and memory power of your brain.
Why we are not able to concentrate?
Before proceeding further first we should understand why we are not able to concentrate? In this many factors involved like not doing exercise, lack of sleep, depressions, no proper diet, the distraction from electronic gadgets like mobile phones, tablets, internet.
From this, you can understand what’s your reason for not getting concentration and you can start working on it.
How Yoga can improve concentration?
If you do yoga on a regular basis it will help you physically and mentally. When you are doing yoga every day it will make your mind stable, calm, relaxed, even it reduce your stress and anxiety.
5 Yoga Pranayam for Concentration
There are many poses or asanas that can help you, but I’ll highlight the top 5 asanas which are easy and effective to improves your concentration and focus.
1) Nadi Shodan Pranayam or Alternate Nostril
The Nadi Shodhan Pranayama or Anulom Vilom is an asana where it helps you to clear the energy channel obstruction which is not able to get
If we are not doing Anulom Vilom you will feel mental tiredness, high temper, depression. All this happens because of stress, and an unhealthy lifestyle.
Key Benefits of Doing Nadi Shodan Pranayama
- Relax Mind
- Stree Free
- Reduce anxiety
- Help respiratory systems
- Improves the concentration level of a mind.
Steps for Nadi Shodan Pranayama
- Sit relaxed in any comfortable positions, the spine should be straight.
- Focus on the breath.
- Use the right hand, to place forefinger and middle finger in the middle of the eyebrow.
- Close your right nostril using the right thumb.
- Take a breath from the left nostril.
- Then open the right nostril and take a breath from the right nostril and close the left nostril.
- The Breath should be deeper compared to normal breath.
- Repeat these steps 9 times.
Do not force yourself to take a deep breath if you having any kind of health issues and not to breathe from the mouth or make any kind of noise while doing asana.
2) Bhramari Pranayama or Bee Breath
Bhramari Pranayama this Sanskrit word means “ Bhramari ” which indicates “ bee” and “Pranayama” has divided into two “ Prana ” means breath “ Yama ” means control so pranayama is “ taking control on your breath. ”
When you do the pranayama you will feel like a bee hummings sound.
This helps you to reduce mental stress, fatigue, mood swings, frustration, and anxiety. This Pranayama makes you feel calm and relax from all these problems.
Key Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama
- Reduce the frustration
- It helps you to low your blood pressure level
- Reduce fatigue
- Rid of Anger
- Doing this yoga can improve concentration
Steps for Bhramari Pranayama
- Sit relaxed in any comfortable positions like padmasana, the spine should be erect.
- Close your eyes keeping with a gentle smile on your face.
- Take a breathe deeply.
- Now you need to close you’re both the ear Pinna(outer surface of the ear )using your thumbs.
- Keep your both the index finger above the eyebrows and place your rest fingers on your eyes.
- Now you need to make a humming sound like “hmm” or “Ohmm” at that moment you need to keep your mouth closed and take breathe slowly.
- If you can make a high-pitched sound then it better otherwise make a low-pitched sound.
- Do this same process for 3 to 4 times.
While doing this pranayama keep your mouth closed. If you do this pranayama empty stomach then it is more beneficial.
3) Kapal Bhati Pranayama
Kapal Bhati word derived from Sanskrit, “Kapal” indicates head and “Bhati” means lustre.
It is highly powerful breathing that helps you to keep your mind calm, and it will improve cardiovascular problems.
If you do Kapal Bhati on regular basis you will be freed from mental, and physical chaos, even it helps you to lose your weight.
Key benefits of Kapal Bhati Pranayama
- Make you calm.
- Improve blood circulation.
- It helps you to lose weight.
- Improve the Digestive System.
- Improve the lungs.
- Strengthen the hair roots.
Steps for Kapal Bhati Pranayama
- Sit straight in comfortable positions and the spine should be straight.
- Now take a deep breath till your lungs get full of air.
- Then exhale the air completely when you do this process your stomach will go inside and you will feel some pressure.
- Do this pranayama 3 rounds. In one round you have to take at least 15 breaths similarly.
Kapal Bhati Pranayama should avoid if you have any kind of health issues of heart-related, epilepsy, hypertension ulcer, If you are pregnant women then avoid doing this pranayama.
4) Bhastrika pranayama or Breath of Fire
A Bhastrika pranayama is a word that also belongs to a Sanskrit word Bhastrika means “bellows”, now you will think what is bellows? I’ll explain to you bellows is a device that passes the air and is used to increase the flame of fire.
Similarly, our lungs are also bellows that a reason name is given “Bhastrika Pranayama” another word “Breath of Fire”.
When you follow this asana it will help you from lots of health issues and makes your mind more productive.
Key benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama
- It improves immunes systems.
- It helps you to reduce hypotension.
- Remove Toxins from the body.
- Strengthens abdominal
- Reduce depression
Steps for Bhastrika Pranayama
- Sit-in padmasana positions
- Close your eyes keep a gentle smile on a face.
- Start taking a deep breath, fill your lungs with air.
- Then gently release the air.
- You should make sure that inhaling and exhaling should have the same. (eg. Inhaling for 3 seconds so, Exhaling should also 3 seconds.
- Try to practice this pranayama at least 21 times.
If you are facing any health issues like High Blood Pressure, heart problems, Asthma or fever then do not try Bhastrika Pranayama.
The Pranav Pranayama word comes from Sanskrit word, Pranav refers to “OM”.
This is very easy and simple the last pranayama. It is also called Aum yoga, If a person does Pranav pranayama he becomes free from all kinds of sorrow and pain and your mind will be in your control
- Help you to concentrate.
- Relief from mental stress.
- Cure Insomnia.
- Improve High blood pressure.
- Sit in any comfortable position and the spine should be straight.
- Keep your eyes closed,
- Now touch your thumb with the index finger this mudra called “Gyan Mudra”
- Think about positive values.
- Repeat this process for 2 or 3 minutes.
- After completing this process rub your palms together for 30 seconds.
- Then place your palm in the front of your eyes, till that don’t open your eyes.
- Slowly-slowly open your eyes.
Whenever you do this pranayama at that time don’t open your eyes, It should be done in the early morning for better result.
If you follow this easy and simple 5 types of Yoga Pranayam will improve your concentration level ultimately it will clear all the mental and physical disorder.
Whatever Yoga Pranayam you do always consult your doctor or under the supervision of an expert.
Comment down which step of yoga you are going to follow from today to improve your concentration and memory power.